A friend of mine told me about this inspiring speech. This is really a good read... There is a lot of things he said that rings true and must be our motto in life.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Hubby and I enjoys Asian and anything served hot and delicious will definitely be a big plus in our book. Such is the case with Osaka Teppanyaki. Everything is cooked right in front of you with chef trained to entertain while doing the cooking.
We were accompanied by our food buddies, Stone and Twinny :)
* Our Dinner Menu *
All set menu comes with
green salad, rice, soup, teppan shrimp appetizer, fresh vegetables and japanese tea
We ordered 3 sets
* Chicken Teriyaki
* Teppan Shrimp
* New York Steak
additional person charges $6.00 for the extras (rice, soup and veggies)
* Green Salad
I love the sauce or dressing that comes with this
This was done hours to retain the flavor and get this tasty soup
* Teppanyaki Chef
Filipino chef for our table :)
* An exhibition of chef hat aka trash can
* Onions as lava... Filipino's Ingenuity
A perfect end was something sweet....
* Green Tea Ice Cream
* * * * *
STEAK AND SEAFOOD RESTAURANT
Saturday, August 27, 2011
We went to Disney Store to search for an appropriate gift for Kalen's Birthday.
* Posing outside the store
Turns out that they were having a mini craft event with dress as your favorite princess theme. I noticed a lot of kids wearing princess costume and lining up. I didn;t know what was happening that time and caught sight of a Snow White costume which I tried on for Kimi... Hmmm Nice! but, pricey :( I thought that everyone was wearing costumes from the racks and let Kimi fall in line when I realized that the girls were wearing their own costumes... oops! Toink!
* My Little Snow White
When I was young, we went to Disney World. Snow White kissed me on the cheeks and from then on i was hooked with this Classic Princess...
* * *
"Oh, how I wish that I had a daughter that had skin white as snow, lips red as blood, and hair black as ebony..."
* * *
...and God gave me Kimi :)
* Kimi was intent as the instructions were being given
* Disney Princess event was staged here
* Dress up cardboard template
* Snow White was Kimis choice of princess for the day
* Stickers to complete the paper doll
* Little Snow White waiting by the castle door
* * *
"Mirror, mirror on the wall / Who in the land is fairest of all?"
* * *
You, my dear :)
I LOVE YOU MY LITTLE PRINCESS
* * * * *
Kalen is turning 5 and she wants a
pony erhmmmm a birthday party with a My Little Pony theme.
* Great cake for a 5 year old princess...
May your life be as colorful as a rainbow Kalen...
I actually saw these cupcakes first and was admiring the detail of how the pony looks like it was kneeling on a puff of clouds with colorful pixie dusts... I thought that was it and proceeded to check on the BBQ he he!
* Up close little ponies... SMILE!
The Spread was as yummy as expected. What Glenda and I have shared in common is our love for anything Filipino... ;) food, tsismis... movies, tv shows etc. and that shallow side of us brought us closer to what we are today. See, a shallow start makes a serious friendship. It was a great journey establishing that trust into a friendship that I will treasure all my life :) As the years gone by, so is our inhibition between each other.... Oops, I`m veering off the topic now. Back to Kalen`s party,
* A Family that cooks together... makes a very delicious party ;)
Justin has appointed himself as the guy to manned the cake. A creation lovingly created by Roselle.
* Serious job for little Justin, look how unsmiling he is like the guards in the Buckingham palace he he!
* Birthday Girl joins her sibling... So impatient to do the birthday song
This is the second little guy to my heart aside from Kenzo (of course!). It just warms my heart to hear him shout a greeting every time we see each other. I just feel loved... toink! Super Sweeeeet...
* A Smile that will break lots of girl`s heart ;)
Finally, the traditional singing of the birthday song
* Look at Kimi`s mouth.... Songer like her mom hehe!
* Kalen strikes a post to the side camera....
After the cake distribution, the kids gathered for a classroom role playing with Teacher Kalen
bullying acting as the head of the classroom and the calendar as her blackboard :) PEACE GLENDA :)
* Look at the over grown students...
* New Hairdo.... thirsty because of the heat
* Justin with his loyal bear friend...
I wasn't able to get much pictures as I was busy keeping an eye on Kenzo. The kids enjoyed themselves immensely and the adults were happy to talk and update each other.
* Little loots after the party...
* Little pony doll and some sweet stuffs :)
* * * * *
THANKS WARREN AND GLENDA
HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY KALEN
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Starting from Glenda's place , we headed for the skytrain. It was a perfect day outside to do some strolling and public transit. :)
We passed by a plant which I didn't realize before as a giant sunflower right in Glenda's street. I took the chance for a picture of the plant and another one with Kimi just so you's have an idea how big this sunflower is...
* Giant Sunflower by its lonesome
* Kimi as its company...
Skytrain was finally reached after walking a whole group of kids excited to take another playdate outside.
* 4 mommies, 6 kiddos.
* Photographer Joy took a stand for another group picture :)
At last, we reached the Science World stop. Surrey Moms Joy and Jo actually thought that our activity for the day was to go inside the Science World Museum and I guess Mommy Joy already informed Braden because he was really excited to go in but... the event plan was to go via Water Taxi which didn't disappoint, YEY!
* Aquabus Terminal from False Creek to Granville
The view from the waiting shed was already breathtaking. Some mommies were actually scared of the not so wide platform area plus the fact that there are 6 over excited kids, I guess mommies have a reason to worry he he!
* View from the left
* View up close from the right
* View in front of us while waiting...
Finally, an aquabus arrived.... Unfortunately, it wasn't ours and we were asked to wait for the next one arriving shortly to accommodate our group better.
* Not that boat Kalen :)
* Multiple Tickets (3 if I am not mistaken) required for each trip to Granville Island
We got the tickets at $8/person round trip which was a good deal rather than the one advertised on the site which will cost us $6.50 each way. :)
We got to Granville with hungry so straight to the public market to keep our stomachs at bay and at least disguise the kid's voice from all the public market goers.
* Photo Op of the complete group before our lunch
Mommies (L-R) Jo, Mel, Glenda and Joy
Kids (L-R) Rykerm Kalen, Kimi, Mac, Braden and Justin
Here, we went our separate ways to find the food of our choices while a mommy stay to keep an eye on our brood.
* Ryker makes a face... :)
* Braden giving out his energy bar...
No Braden, all the kids are in tip top energy form. We need warm milk instead to keep them from being so excited...
* Pizza for Kalen
* Halibut fish and chips for Kimi and Mel as well as another plate for Jo
* Calamari to share...
After lunch, we got the kids to go feed the pigeon and run around to release some pent up energy...
* Crackers for the birdies
* Joy and Mac strikes a pose for the camera
* Braden and Kimi shares a feather
* Braden getting chummy with Kimi
After awhile, we headed for Kid`s Market for some more kiddie action...
* Nice sculpture.. papier mache if I am not mistaken
Outside is a boat and some dock for kids to play in with a lot more birds to feed...
* Captain Kalen and Captain Braden arguing where their route is
* Braden looking for hidden treasures
* A Damsel in Distress
* The Captain searching for his crew...
* Too many captains... only one wheel...
* Kimi and Justin decide to play with the sit n stand stroller
* Kimi seems to like this stroller a lot.. hint hint*
* Goodbye Granville Island. See you again...
* * * * *
FALSE CREEK (Science World) - GRANVILLE ISLAND