It was the last day of clay class and this was the best part...
Painting the clay that were already rock hard solid from the kiln :)...and taking them all home.
* All ready for painting...
* Excited to start painting...
* Love the hat... Thanks Nana!
* Start with the Christmas primaries... Red, Green and White
* Brushes for the project :)
Kimi did the cane first. She was good coloring this particular project because it doesn't have that many small details so there was very little room for mistakes.
* Little Elf Hard at work
After the painting, we need to dry them up for the sealing paint to make the clay shiny
* Kimi looks so cute in her Tshirt/ apron provided by Shadbolt
Kimi painted this little plate with a big brush. She painted the yellow inner part and the blue outer part. The little decor at the edge of the plate was made with the use of a garlic presser.... Genius eh?
* Little Spaghetti plate
* Christmas Cane
* First batch to be painted
Unfortunately, Kimi accidentally broke a part of the Christmas tree. I guess the teacher was expecting these kind of things so he got a handy solution. Glue gun.
* Handy teacher at work
We had a few minutes left for the Christmas tree so....
* Christmas tree quick paint :(
Of course, we had to take a photo of the talented teacher of the class :)
We really enjoyed this class together. It was our bonding moment for us girls ;)
* Kimi and Mr. David Robinson
* Kimi doing her shy act
CLAY WORK GALLERY
* CLASS 1: FAMILY DIAGRAM*
* CLASS 2: BOWL WITH IMPRINTS*
* CLASS 2: LITTLE PLATES WITH IMPRINTS*
* CLASS 3: CHRISTMAS CANE *
* CLASS 3: CHRISTMAS TREE *
* CLASS 4: PAINTING AND FINISHING *
* ALL THE CLAY WORKS *
* * * * *
FAMILY KEEPSAKES IN CLAY
Shadbold Centre for the Arts